„Doing Business in Germany“ was the title of the event held in Thessaloniki and hosted by the German consulting firm WIG GmbH in cooperation with the law firm Kosmidis & Partners KPAG and certified auditors Wirthschaftstreuhand GmbH. The event addressed issues concerning the Greek extraversion and entrepreneurship in Germany by various specialists such as lawyers, auditors, human resources and subsidies consultants and real estate agents.
In particular, the agenda involved:
- Investment opportunities in Germany for Greek entrepreneurs and stakeholders
- Establishing a company in Germany and differences between the Greek and German company law
- The tax regime in Germany and the tax treatment of Greek entrepreneurs doing business in Germany from the Greek State
- The subsidies granted from the German state stemming from several European and German programs
- The labor market in Germany and the possibilities regarding the movement of workers between the two countries
- The German real estate market and investments in the latter by foreigners
The event, which lasted approximately six hours, was attended by the Consul of Germany Mr. Dr. Ingo von Voss, who saluted the guests, did mention that there are better days to come for Greece following the latest developments in economy and congratulated the above on taking the initiative to organize such an event .
The event was attended by representatives of companies and entrepreneurs operating in various sectors of the economy such as food and beverage production , civil engineering , real estate , renewable energy sources etc. The interest of the guests was strong, showing a rising trend of Greek entrepreneurs to invest abroad, creating a new beginning for the Greek entrepreneurship, aiming to create and raise the value of Greek brands in other countries . The event concluded with questions from guests concerning, in particular, issues on the tax treatment of business in Germany and the practical possibilities of subsidies for Greek enterprises in Germany . „